What is Radon and How Can You Protect Your Family?

Radon comes from the natural (radioactive) breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water and gets into the air you breathe.  It is a cancer-causing natural radioactive gas that you can’t see, smell or taste.  Its presence in your home can pose a danger to your family's health.  Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in America and claims about 21,000 lives annually (source: usepa.gov/radon).  Radon can be found all over the U.S. It can get into any type of building — homes, offices, and schools — and result in a high indoor radon level.  But you and your family are most likely to get your greatest exposure at home, where you spend most of your time.  Any home may have a radon problem.  This means new and old homes, well-sealed and drafty homes, and homes with or without basements. Testing is the only way to know if you and your family are at risk from radon.  The EPA and the Surgeon General recommend testing all homes below the third floor for radon.  If your home tests high for radon you should have a radon mitigation system installed to reduce the risk of developing lung cancer and/or other issues.

Radon X is a company that I would recommend without any hesitation. From the first call I made to obtain an estimate to the final email reporting a successful mitigation of radon gas, it was a flawless experience. I had an immediate sense that these owners could be trusted and demonstrated high integrity. I received the estimate in my email within 2 hours and the final bill was within a few dollars of the estimate. They helped educate me about Radon gas, explained the process, the equipment, the warranties and guarantees, expectations, etc. They were prompt on the day of the appointment and very professional. They went to great lengths to make sure the equipment was placed in the best spot and cleanup was immaculate. They even spray painted the white PVC pipe to match the shingles on the roof. You barely noticed it. 

My home is up for sale following a divorce and I was very nervous that when they were finished, it wouldn't work. I expressed this to Mr. Busch and he said...."Don't worry, it will work. If it didn't, I wouldn't be in business very long would I?" That eased my concerns and I trusted him. We had a high Radon gas level in the basement of 45.8. After installation of the mitigation system and retesting, the level was 2.0. It was refreshing to work with Mr. and Mrs. Busch.....clearly they are passionate and conscientious about their work. If you have a Radon Gas problem, don't waste your time and money on anybody else. You'll regret it.